Kelsey’s 1st Birthday was in January and we had a great time. It was great to see our family from Tennessee and Miami and have a little fun. Here are some highlights from our party.
Invitations – I was able to get free photo invitations by signing up for a SeeHere.com account (I’m not sure if they are still running this promotion) so I used a picture we took last year in a pirate dress my mother made her.
Thank you’s - I took advantage of a Vistaprint.com deal for free thank you postcards. I just paid shipping and paid less on postage to send them out. However, in hind sight, I should have gotten them a little more generic so I could have more uses for them.
The Party -
1) Did a cupcake tower, store bought and added the wraps and picks.
2) Made up a “treasure hunt” game to get the pirate booty.
3 & 4) Found these chests, cut out a hole in the top to put the balloons through, sitting on top of disposable red table cloth under gold fabric squares my mother had, surrounded by beads, ch…ocolates and chocolate coins.
5) Wearing a pillowcase dress my Mom made her. Added some touches in Picnik to some photos.
6) Decorated a diaper box to hold the goody bags which were brown paper bags with Cricut cutout of skull and crossbones, small bag of Pirate Booty and other toys and chocolate coins inside.
7) Digital frame with a slideshow of her pictures, a mat for guests to sign, chocolate nuggets wrapped in personalized labels.
8) Decided on gold for the cupcake icing so it woudn’t stain any messy kid faces.
9) Pirates mugging in front of the photo booth backdrop, basket of props provided for guests to play dress up with.